What Liposuction Can and Can’t Do For You
Liposuction can do so much for you that there’s little wonder as to why this procedure is so wildly popular. Still, while liposuction could be the answer to your problems, it is not a solution for everything. Nonetheless, despite a few limitations, liposuction can greatly enhance your figure and improve your quality of life.
What Liposuction CAN Do
- Permanently Remove Fat: Liposuction is a highly effective fat removal treatment and can permanently remove localized fat from the body.
- Improve Body Contour: By removing excess fat, liposuction can flatten bulges and sculpt your body to achieve your desired shape.
- Target Fat Deposits All Over the Body: Exercise cannot always spot reduce, but liposuction can directly target fat deposits such as the love handles, bra bulges, bat wings, and other localized fat pockets almost anywhere on the body.
- Produce Immediate Results: While dieting and exercise can be ineffective or time-consuming, liposuction produces immediate results so that you can enjoy your enhanced figure now.
- Leave Minimal or No Scars: Although some surgical procedures leave noticeable scars, liposuction offers surgical fat removal with minimal scarring due to the need for only minuscule incisions when performing the procedure.
- Tighten Skin: Liposuction does not tighten loose skin and cannot help individuals who wish to remove sagging skin. However, liposuction can be combined with an arm lift, body lift, or other surgical procedure to remove fat and tighten the skin.
- Prevent Weight Gain: Liposuction can permanently remove fat from your body, but it cannot prevent you from gaining weight in the future. The only way to prevent future weight gain after liposuction is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, eat a nutritious diet, and exercise regularly.
- Help You Lose Weight: Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure but rather is intended for patients who are already at or near their goal weight. The procedure can help those with a few stubborn fat deposits who have a generally fit figure achieve the shapely body contours they desire.
Like every surgical procedure, liposuction has some limitations. Even though there are some things that liposuction cannot do for you, this procedure could dramatically improve your body shape by removing unwanted fat from localized areas. Patients who undergo liposuction are usually highly satisfied with the results and appreciate how it has highlighted their natural, attractive body contours.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reported that nearly 400,000 liposuction procedures were performed in 2015. If you are interested in permanent, targeted fat removal, join those who have previously benefitted from liposuction and experience firsthand how it can enhance your appearance. To schedule your personal consultation for liposuction with Dr. Taleisnik, call us at (714) 835-2825 or fill out our online contact form today.